Re: What can I expect if I quit drinking diet cokes

  • Subject: Re: What can I expect if I quit drinking diet cokes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:38:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.support.diet
Paul in NRH TX wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been considering for a long time to quit drinking diet cokes.  I'm
> told
> that they are bad for me and I figure I drink around 120 ounces a day.

Yes, chemically they are bad. Also, I was once told that the body handles
these chemicals differently and while the number of calories is lower, no
weight will be lost.

Media hype and frenzy is all it is...

> If
> I could cut them out and replace it with water, what changes can I expect
> to see?

Perhaps increased appetite, but remember that you will no longer consume
soft drinks so it's not a total loss.

> Would I lose more weight?

Not necessarily, but possibly. Depends what else you do... *wink*

> Would I feel better?

Probably not. Just a neutral change...

> Any other things you can
> think of that I might experiece?  I'd love to hear from someone who has
> made
> this transformation before me.

Maybe the withdrawal from caffeine will have an impact. See:

http://carlisle-www.army.mil/apfri/caffeine_and_stress.htm

> Also, since I guess I can be classified as
> a diet coke addict, will I experience side effects, and if so how long?

You can try 'phasing it out' slowly if you find it difficult.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com