Re: What can I expect if I quit drinking diet cokes

  • Subject: Re: What can I expect if I quit drinking diet cokes
  • From: friesian@zoocrewphoto.com (Meghan Noecker)
  • Date: 21 Jan 2005 10:45:34 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.support.diet
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:38:49 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>> Would I lose more weight?
>
>Not necessarily, but possibly. Depends what else you do... *wink*

I didn't really lose any weight when I quit drinking mountain dew
(high calories and higher quantity), but that was only one reason I
quit. I think I lost a couple of pounds initially, but I had expected
to continue losing since I stopped drinking it altogether.

>> Would I feel better?
>
>Probably not. Just a neutral change...

I expected to feel worse at first and never did. I think I felt a
little better after awhile., I did notice a drop in headaches.

>> Any other things you can
>> think of that I might experiece?  I'd love to hear from someone who has
>> made
>> this transformation before me.
>
>Maybe the withdrawal from caffeine will have an impact. See:

I stopped having caffiene headaches since I dropped my major caffiene
source.

> Also, since I guess I can be classified as
>> a diet coke addict, will I experience side effects, and if so how long?
>
>You can try 'phasing it out' slowly if you find it difficult.

When I went to mexico for a couple vacations, they didn't have
mountain dew, so I had caffiene withdrawal. The headaches were bad.
When I actually quit on purpose, it went much better than expected. I
had chosen another drink that had less caffiene but some, to be my
intermediate drink as I cut down. That lasted all of 5 days. I got to
work, and that drink was empty. I knew I had some high caffiene
chocolate in my locker, so I decided to wait and see how long it took
for the headache to start, and then eat the chocolate. The headache
never came. So, I've been on water ever since.

The hardest part was learning to enjoy the water. I was so used to the
sweet flavor and the fizz. The water was quite plain and boring at
first.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography