Re: mirror mirror on the wall

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
csqns6$3ri$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:csqns6$3ri$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
> Stacey wrote:
>
>> Just answered in your other thread. If you redirect then what you are
>> thinking won't work because it all becomes one again. And yes, Google
>> penalizes for dups.
>>
>> Stacey
>
> How does it do that? What method does it use to recognise duplicates? I
> have
> a re-direction from the main page of my old domain, but deeper inside
> there's still content that's being indexed and looked at (bookmarks,
> search
> results, older deep links...)
>
> Any advice would be appreciated,

Hi Roy,

Well there are a couple of ways one is they are turned in by a competitor,
another is well if everything is read on a page and of course the same data
is on another page that would make it a mirror and duplicate. Of course you
can have similar and get away with fooling the SE's. Just by having
different images(file names) and backgrounds...etc, but the same body text
well it has to be turned in by a person and done manually. Most of the time
when 2 sites are found out to be the same the older site will stay indexed
and the other one will drop from the index.

Stacey