Re: New google results?

  • Subject: Re: New google results?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:03:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Go_Busch wrote:

> "Go_Busch" <dontgotone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.freetropolis.com/newgoogle.jpg
>>
>> I was doing a google search and I just took a screenshot of new search
>> layout. I like it. What do you guys think?
>>

> I don't know...the more I think about it, the more I think that's the old
> search result layout. But did the old one have a google search local tab?
> I don't know......at least I took a screenshot for proof that I'm not
> going crazy.

You are quite right. It looks different in the screenshot, but it still
looks the same way when I search Google myself. Maybe they apply the
changes locally or add the new layout in phases. Maybe they just test the
reaction from some users by gathering some statistics first.

I wonder if they will ever deliver different layouts depending on the
different connection types (grey area). They gave up the Mac OS X-styled
Google front page after just one day of trial.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com