Typo SERP's - Any Potential?

  • Subject: Typo SERP's - Any Potential?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:44:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
I thought this would amuse a few and have an educational bend. What happens
if you find out that in the course of 3 days or so you had 91 referrals
from Google for the search term "oogle earth"? It appears to me as if you
stand a better change of attracting visitors for these mistaken, less
competitive SERP's.

I ought to point out that I did not miss out the "G". The capital G is
graphics with alt="g" (
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/06/28/google-earth/ ).

Going back to the point, it seems worthwhile to go for competitive terms,
but use some variations like common typos. Google Earth is only a few weeks
old so I imagine the correct term gets nearly 1 million searches a day.