Re: Reduction in Google Referrals

Wÿrm wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
> d8b78h$2msg$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:d8b78h$2msg$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
> <snip>
>>Over the past month or two, the numbers have halved and I don't
>> think it is related to season trends.
>
> How about latest Googles "bourbon" update that's been going on about 3
> weeks now? Somehow I think it might be related to that as it seems be
> "problem" many other places.

Can you please provide good pointers relating to that update? I would like
to know how/why it affects me. The bizzare thing is that crawlers traffic
continues to increase (around half a gig a month). It is apparently no
indicator of what sites gets in return.

I have checked things in greater depth earlier and I can see the same
reduction (in terms of referral) when it comes to MSN, Yahoo. AOL, Netscape
and the others are hard to judge by because the numbers are low.