Re: RE:scrapper site

  • Subject: Re: RE:scrapper site
  • From: "WhoTurnedOffTheLights" <Lights@light0987654321.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:14:17 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
d9avj8$1e69$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:d9avj8$1e69$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
>> A site that is made up of links and data from search engines....
>> http://(remove)bdcconcepts.com/directory/browse-accessories-321735-1.html
>> http://(remove)www.totallykitchens.com/kitchenaidmixeraccessories/
>>
>> These sites go and scrape indices to just show some relevant text then it
>> is really for ads and such. BTW if you don't mind please do not post in
>> HTML.
>>
>> Stacey
>
> I have seen sites that use similar techniques, but pull out data from
> feeds
> and bind some adverts to them. First it was E-mail spam, then referrer
> spam
> and now it's search engine spam/mirrors that we suffer from...
>
> When will it end? Are search engines getting their act together?

The examples Stacey gave are exactly what I've seen a great deal of in the
past coupla months.
You'll notice of course that these sites have up Google's Adsense through
which they'll be earning monies for crappy sites. I'd venture to guess that
any one of these site owners have maybe a dozen or so other similar sites up
(trying to rake in the dough, WELL, adsense doesn't come to alot of money,
but multiply it by 12-20 sites and then what'd've you got?).