Re: Kmail backup question

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> All you need now is a cron job that will move a robotic arm, pick up the
> CD, put it inside the case and back in the drawer...
>
> Well, to be a little more serious, you need to assign a timeslot for each
> job and allow enough time for the previous ones to end.

thanks, but a crontab doesn't really fit my needs.
what I'd like to do is:
1. put a cd-rw in my drive
2. launch a script
3. put the cd-rw back in the case

as a home user, I am not sure that I have the pc switched on every day/week
at a certain time...

the alternative is to have a script that creates the tar.gz files, and then
use k3b to burn the cd.

I suppose that there must be a way to tell a script to wait to do something
until the previous operation is over...