Re: Beta Version Question: Multiple return addrs?

  • Subject: Re: Beta Version Question: Multiple return addrs?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:23:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
(Pete Cresswell) wrote:

> Per Jan Faerber:
>>Maybe.
>
> In the early days (say 10 years ago) it was probably one of those "why
> would anybody want to do *that*?" things.
>
> In the context of spam, the act of using different return addresses for
> different types of messages would seem to be a basic necessity.

I agree. However, why would you reply a message that will potentially
attract spam? Also, why get questionable mail delivered to you main
account? I find this to be distraction which makes mail checkers (biffs)
useless.

If you own a domain (and you can create many mail accounts), then I suggest
you use that method you are after. Set reply-to address to be completely
different for each mail folder. In due time, you will be able to filter
messages purely on the basis of 'account', which is the most reliable
criterion. You will never need to sort your incoming mail anymore.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com