Re: Request for critique of on-line slideshow

  • Subject: Re: Request for critique of on-line slideshow
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:26:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [Alex Chernavsky] on Tuesday 11 October 2005 06:26 \__

> I'm experimenting with a package called "Thumbs" that creates on-line
> slideshows.  The advantage of Thumbs is that images are automatically
> resized on the fly, depending on the size of the visitor's browser window.
> It seems to work on my computer (Win 98, IE 6).  I'd like to know whether
> anyone has problems with it.  Here's the link:
>
> http://www.astrocyte-design.com/katrina/index.html
>
> Only the first 20 images are captioned -- I haven't finished the rest.
>
> Thank you for considering this request.

It works gracefully under Firefox, Mozilla and Konqueror atop Linux. I would
also like to point out the slideshow features of the PHP-based Gallery (no
on-the-fly resizing though) and S5 for slideshows containing text that is
resized to fit the browser window.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I blame God for making me an atheist"
 10:20am  up 46 days 22:34,  3 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.26, 0.20