Re: How Long Can PageRank Dominate?

> __/ [www.1-script.com] on Tuesday 11 October 2005 15:20 \__

> I was in O/S mode when I wrote this. Windows XP is Windows 95 in a
> dress in my humble opinion.

Technically very wrong: Windows XP is an OS that looks like Windows 95 if
you remove some of the visual candy.

>> Anyways, getting back on topic: who said the original 9-years old
>> PageRank still dominates? It has been improved upon many times
>> already.
>
> Yes, but it is fundamentally the same. The best you can do is put more
> layers on top and wind up like Longhorn, which was a trainwreck.

Same could be said for a linux distribution. Compare the GNU/Linux of today
with one of say 5 years ago :-). Most people want their old stuff to keep
running and running, even after many years.

Also, I doubt PageRank has improved that much, but PageRank is just one
thing to help creating SERPs.

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                                             or have them custom made