Re: locating and saving mozilla mailbox

  • Subject: Re: locating and saving mozilla mailbox
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:27:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.browsers.x
__/ [Pamela Moore] on Wednesday 12 October 2005 16:20 \__

> Thorn wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:15:32 +0100, Pamela Moore Cried: Read These
>> Runes!:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I run Mozilla on Linux and would like to close my email account on the
>>>machine and save it to a dvd. The trouble is I can't find the mailbox
>>>files. Can someone point me in the right direction?
>>

>> locate .msf | grep -i mail
>>
>> Someplace in your ~/ probably.  Ignore the .msf files when archiving,
>> there
>> just summaries.  The real mbox files have no extension and can easily be
>> read with any text reader.
>>
>> Thorn
>
> Thanks Thorn,
>
> I found it under ~/.mozilla/
>
> Pam

If you migrate to a separate machine or change E-mail client, I would urge
you to use that as an opportunity to upgrade to Thunderbird, which I am
very pleased with. I ditched KMail some months ago.

All my settings, mail, filters, themes, extensions and customisations reside
under ~/.thunderbird/ . In fact, only 5-10 minutes ago I fiddled with a JS
files under that location and changed the introductory phrase for replies.
Thunderbird is highly customisable and I heard great things about version
1.5, which I think is now a release condidate at the moment. I still use
1.0.x.

My 2 pennies,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
  5:20pm  up 52 days  5:34,  5 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.54, 0.49