Re: Sensitive Google Queries

__/ [Robert Langlois] on Monday 17 October 2005 02:07 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [William Poaster] on Sunday 16 October 2005 19:39 \__
>>
>>> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:14:27 +0100, a broadcast message from the Roy
>>> Schestowitz console, was as follows:
>>>
>>> <snipped for brevity>
>>>
>>> Would this be at the Computing Centre down Oxford Road, Roy, on the left
>>>hand side going out of Manchester?
>

>> Yes, but try not to go that route in this discussion as it may get me
>> in trouble. In fact, I have just edited your text above to avoid
>> being 'Goo- gled' for sensitive content.
>

> Google for Roy Schestowitz and National Computing Centre.
>
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre
> Roy Schestowitz  National Computing Centre

Oh, dear... result number two is badly snipped by Google:

MATLAB Central - File Exchange - All Author Profiles
He was a leading player in a team that won the British Computer Society's IT
Award for ... Roy Schestowitz r@ schestowitz.com Manchester University ...
www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/reports/fileexchange/allProfiles/

At least it's a flattering snippage that's deceiving.

> http://www.ncc.co.uk/
>

> The National Computing Centre is the UK's leading IT membership
> organisation serving corporate, vendor and government communities. We
> champion the effective use of IT to maximise the competitiveness of our
> members' businesses.
>
> Our focus is on the effective management and use of IT rather than its
> design, engineering or manufacture. We provide products and services to
> purchaser and supplier organisations of all sizes, spanning both the
> private and public sectors.
>
> National Computing Centre is social enterprise - driven by and accountable
> to its members. We are guided by our public purposes; aspire to the
> highest ethical standards; practice what we preach; are a caring employer;
> offer value for money.
>
> We do this by providing:
>
> impartial advice and support
> best practice and standards
> personal and professional development
>

> :-)

Actually, I am not affiliated with NCC although I go past their building
almost every day. The URL you sought was probably
http://www.CARROTmcc.ac.uk/ (remove vegetable).

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:15am  up 52 days 14:29,  5 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.00, 0.76