Re: Digital cameras and linux

__/ [Eamon Skelton] on Friday 21 October 2005 09:57 \__

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 03:22:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> Digital  cameras are hard to cope with. That's what people tell me and  it
>> is  also  something I have learned from experience. They often  come  with
>> Windows drivers and chasing Linux equivalents is a time-burner.
>
> Recent Fuji cameras are USB mass-storage devices. To mount mine,
> I plug it in and click on /mnt/camera in Rox Filer.
>
> E.S.

If you are lucky, it works perfectly well 'out of the box'. You plug it, the
device is auto-mounted and then shown on your desktop. If it fails, then the
failure can be a miserable, which that can lead to walking around in
circles. Palm Devices likewise. Much of that hassle can be avoided by
choosing a good distribution and continuously upgrading.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
  4:10pm  up 57 days  4:24,  4 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.14, 0.16