Re: Please advise why this page is displayed as link only

> __/ [Brent Atkerson] on Friday 21 October 2005 15:46 \__
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> __/ [Brent Atkerson] on Friday 21 October 2005 14:38 \__

>>> * Site registered April 2005
>>>
>>> * 2 inbound links listed by Google
>>>
>>> * Header contains description metadata
>>>
>>> * Page layout is fairly clean (although table-based)
>>>

>>> I  can't  see why this should happen, to be honest with you. Above I
>>> just
>>> listed  some  facts, which I thought I could point out as the culprits.
>>> site  of mine showed up in Google after only a few days since
>>> registration
>>> and the description was picked up almost immediately, even when changed.
>>> suspect you might need a few more inbound links, but as you said, the
>>> site
>>> was  thoroughly  crawled already. I hope the details above  help
>>> somebody
>>> else in helping you.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Roy
>>>

>>> PS - Love the wooden look!!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to
>>> Google"
>>> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    |     PGP-Key: 74572E8E
>>>  3:05pm  up 57 days  3:19,  4 users,  load average: 1.07, 0.91, 0.65
>>>      http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms
>>
>> Thank you about the design.  Was done in Real Draw using the slicer, but,
>> it sure bloats the code.
>

> The site took a while to load, even on a 100Mbit connection. After I wrote
> my previous post I instantly took it for a quick test at:
>
> http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
>
> The  front  page is totalling at 200k+, which would take almost 3  minutes
> (assuming naive transfers) to load among modem infrastrutures in some oth-
> er  parts  of the world. If you sell something, this may be a key  factor.
> The most bloated front page I have come across was 700k+ by the way...
>
> The  graphics can easily be optimised or compressed. There is also  poten-
> tial for re-use. Tell me if you wish to know more.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roy
>
> --
> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    |     PGP-Key: 74572E8E
>  3:50pm  up 57 days  4:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.25, 0.28
>      http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms

Yes, the long load times are because of each of the slices having its own
images that all need to be loaded.  I want to redo the whole site using CSS
for layout and get rid of the slices.  That is WAY above me right now but I
know that is what I need to do.  Just need to finish my 320 square foot
addition I am building onto my house (doing the work myself, started it July
4th and just finishing the electrical, doors and window shades so I can call
for final inspection).  Once that is done, I plan on getting back onto the
web site work.

Thanks,
--
Brent Atkerson