Re: Palm Zire 31 and Evolution

  • Subject: Re: Palm Zire 31 and Evolution
  • From: Eric <eric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:55:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [Eric] on Friday 21 October 2005 10:11 \__
>
>> I would like to use Evolution in conjunction with my Palm Zire 32,
>> but Gnome pilot does not recognise my Palm Zire on /dev/ttyUSB1. I
>> have no problems using kpilot with kmail, but I would much prefer
>> to use Evolution_gnome_pilot.
>> Does anybody have any knowledge as to how to do this? Googling has
>> not provided any answers.
>>
>> Eric
>
> I use Evolution_gnome_pilot under Ubuntu to synchronise my data. I
> believe you should also try /dev/ttyUSB0 although I suspect you know
> how your Palm
> device  gets  auto-mounted. Below is a comprehensive  step-by-step
> guide, which includes some of the possible perils in the setup
> process.
>
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/PalmOS-HOWTO.html
>
> It  was  people  in this newsgroup who recommended it to me in  the
> first
> place.  Perhaps  asking an obvious and futile question here, but
> have  you
> configured  gpilot to synchronise via USB? There are 4 options there
> and I believe serial port is the default option.
>
> Roy

Thank you for the link, which looks as though it might be the answer
to my problem. It seems that I could not have used the right keywords
in Google, or I would have found it.
I started by trying to synch via USB and only when that failed did I
also try the serial port, in case it is used in some workaround of
which I might have been unaware. From the website it seems as though
I need pilot-link, which I will now try.

Eric