Re: Palm Zire 31 and Evolution

  • Subject: Re: Palm Zire 31 and Evolution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:24:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [Eric] on Friday 21 October 2005 10:11 \__

> I would like to use Evolution in conjunction with my Palm Zire 32, but
> Gnome pilot does not recognise my Palm Zire on /dev/ttyUSB1. I have
> no problems using kpilot with kmail, but I would much prefer to use
> Evolution_gnome_pilot.
> Does anybody have any knowledge as to how to do this? Googling has not
> provided any answers.
>
> Eric

I use Evolution_gnome_pilot under Ubuntu to synchronise my data. I believe
you should also try /dev/ttyUSB0 although I suspect you know how your Palm
device  gets  auto-mounted. Below is a comprehensive  step-by-step  guide,
which includes some of the possible perils in the setup process.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/PalmOS-HOWTO.html

It  was  people  in this newsgroup who recommended it to me in  the  first
place.  Perhaps  asking an obvious and futile question here, but have  you
configured  gpilot to synchronise via USB? There are 4 options there and I
believe serial port is the default option.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
  3:15pm  up 57 days  3:29,  4 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.53, 0.59