Re: Please advise why this page is displayed as link only

> __/ [Brent Atkerson] on Friday 21 October 2005 14:38 \__
>
>> http://www.woodlotinnovations.com/portable-game-feeder.htm
>>
>> Google does not show any information for this page except the link to the
>> page.  It has been indexed for quite some time.  I realize there is much
>> optimization to be done yet (actually want to redo the site as the code
>> is
>> quite bloated) but other pages of the site show information at Google.
>> Same page seems to have description and such in MSN but is not even
>> indexed
>> in Yahoo!.
>>
>> Thank you,
>
> * Site registered April 2005
>
> * 2 inbound links listed by Google
>
> * Header contains description metadata
>
> * Page layout is fairly clean (although table-based)
>
> I  can't  see why this should happen, to be honest with you. Above I  just
> listed  some  facts, which I thought I could point out as the culprits.  A
> site  of mine showed up in Google after only a few days since registration
> and the description was picked up almost immediately, even when changed. I
> suspect you might need a few more inbound links, but as you said, the site
> was  thoroughly  crawled already. I hope the details above  help  somebody
> else in helping you.
>
> Best wishes,
> Roy
>
> PS - Love the wooden look!!
> --
> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to
> Google"
> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    |     PGP-Key: 74572E8E
>  3:05pm  up 57 days  3:19,  4 users,  load average: 1.07, 0.91, 0.65
>      http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms

I agree about the nice wood grain style.   I can't find anything specific
wrong but I did observe that the site as a whole has very thinly distributed
content.  You could have put the content on half the number of pages, but
having got the exisiting pages indexed it would be wrong to reduce the
number.    The only slight anomaly I could find was that this page has
exactly the same title as the portable page.   With only 500 bytes varying
from one page to the other out of 15000 bytes the pages are 97% identical to
one another.   I suggest increasing substantially (like 3 - 4  times) the
quantity of unique visible text content on each page so that it is worth
switching pages to see something interesting.  The thumbnail pictures should
expand into new pages (with only one link back) which have full text
explanation alongside the enlarged image.  This has the making of a good
site.
Best regards, Eric.