Re: Firefox hits 100,000,000 downloads

__/ [Linønut] on Friday 21 October 2005 16:26 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:

> and Netscape - 2.16%
>
>>> Thanks - so now it means FireFox is main stream product
>>> because its passed the magic 7% threshold set for
>>> global market share. No responsible corporation or
>>> government body (notably FEMA), management, software
>>> developer company, training institute etc can refuse
>>> to support it without taking flack and possibly risk
>>> facing legal action.
>>
>> Exactly!  The  evidence  begins  to  surface too.  Noone  can  ignore  the
>> Mozilla/Netscape  family,  let alone design solely for MSIE.
>
> Pretty close to 10% if you combine the two.
>
> And, as pointed out, other sites get more like 15% for Firefox.

I get between 30% and 40% on mine, based on quite a decent visitors pool. It
once peaked at about 45% for Firefox, which outranked IE. Then again, a
noticeable proportion of WP bloggers tends to visit the site and very few of
them are willing to tolerate the layout of their own site/s in IE.

In other sites, whose theme is completely different, Firefox can be a rarity
though.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
  5:30pm  up 57 days  5:44,  4 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.23, 0.26