Re: Guestbook recommendations?

  • Subject: Re: Guestbook recommendations?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:33:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.html,alt.html.css
  • Newsgroups: alt.html, alt.html.css
__/ [©®] on Wednesday 26 October 2005 15:17 \__

> I used to have a website at Geocities years ago and used their guestbook
> service.
> Is there anything I can use now on my own webspace which is freeware
> (and preferably no ads etc.) or any script "thing" I can use to make my
> own.
> Sporry, but I don't know anything about scripts so am needing help from
> the html community.
> thanks

One of your main concerns should be guestbook spam. That phenomenon is quite
prolific and has become a real plague due to automated scripts. Ever since I
changed over to Lazarus, I have not had a single item of spam.

http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/

Beforehand, spam flooded in on a daily basis. You will need to have decent
understanding of how to create a database and also be able to edit a few
variable in a PHP file.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
  4:30pm  up 62 days  2:39,  5 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.15