Re: which wiki to use?

__/ [m] on Thursday 27 October 2005 08:08 \__

> hi,
>
> I am very new to wiki and I am looking for a type of wiki which is:
>
> easy to use,
> has good editing capabilities (both text and html)
> good rollback capability.
> (PHP preferably)

I happily administer 3 installations of PhpWiki:

http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/

* Rollback is possible ('diff' or SQLDump backups)

* Markup is symbolic and produces decent HTML

* PHP along with a large variety of databases which are supported

> any suggestions?
> also if someone can point some good links about wiki other than
> wikipedia it'll be great...
>
> -the newcomer

MediaWiki is quite robust and powerful, but indeed it can be a bloat, i.e.
hard to maintain, learn, administer and customise/hack. It might also lead
users to confusion.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
  2:35am  up 63 days 12:44,  5 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.46, 0.45