__/ [StvyLife] on Friday 28 October 2005 05:32 \__
> I know where to find themes; how about one specific to how the panel
> how crazy or funky can the panel get.
Quite funky, based my personal experience. I have been pushing it to the
limit and found that:
* Zooming on icons can be enabled (not animated though)
* Virtually any number of panels can be added (I have 7)
* Panels can disappear after a set (adjustable) idle timeout. This can be
made animated. In my case, different panels disappear after different
periods of time.
* Have a close look at KasBar, as well as some other nice widgets for your
* Panels can be made transparent in recent versions of KDE.
* Size of panels can be re-adjusted or become dynamic (expand upon need)
Nonetheless, the effects in Apple's Tiger are not on par with these which KDE
offers. Mac OS X provides less flexibility, but more admirable eye candy.
> I like to know about that.
> i thinking somewhere in the ball park of the macs OS mouse-over effects
> which pops tasks and icons in the panel. I think that would be something
> to adopt. any references out there ....
It seems to be headed in that direction. Also have a look at KDE Plasma:
Also, over at the GNOME(-ish/RedHat) camp, have a look at Luminocity:
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 74572E8E
5:55am up 63 days 15:10, 7 users, load average: 0.20, 0.45, 0.53
http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms