Re: Google Page Removal?

  • Subject: Re: Google Page Removal?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:51:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Mikkel Moldrup-Lakjer] on Friday 28 October 2005 15:42 \__

> Peter Westh wrote:
>>
>> The page in question is
>> http://www.stud.hum.ku.dk/tabu/aarg11/98sep/side9.htm - you won't be able
>> to read it, unless you know Danish.
>>
>> It's a small article on a new age sect, and it mentions one of it's
>> leaders by name. Recently, he has become a fairly successfull business
>> coach, and he has tried to get me to remove his name from the page in
>> various ways, without success.
>
> Interesting story! It's annoying how the internet won't forget what you
> did in your past, isn't it?
>
>  > Until a few days ago, if you searched for his name on
>> Google, the page would
>> appear as no. 4 or 5 on the first result page. Now suddenly, as I said, it
>> seemingly isn't indexed at all.
>
> You are quite right. Google doesn't have any cached content of this
> page, and the page cannot be found by a search.
>
> Yahoo doesn't know of the page either, but MSN does.
>
> You have to wait a little while, though, before concluding anything
> about your site being dropped or banned from the index of Google.
> Sometimes pages can disappear from the index during an update, and then
> come back in again a short while after. (Yes, users of this group know
> that it happened to me :-) ).
>
> If the page doesn't come back into the Google index, I suggest you write
> to Google asking if they took your page out.

Interesting  thing  is: one of the major options (top-level of the  'digit
maze',  alongside marketing/sales) in Google's live support (telephone) is
the  removal of cache or pages. Since options such as this exist on  vocal
(thus  negotiable) environment and not on the Web, this makes you  wonder,
eh?

I  am not implying anything, but only stating what could have been,  would
have been, should never have been.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
  3:45pm  up 64 days  1:00,  5 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.14, 0.10