Re: Banning pages from google, yahoo etc. - how???

  • Subject: Re: Banning pages from google, yahoo etc. - how???
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:57:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Mikkel Moldrup-Lakjer] on Friday 28 October 2005 15:48 \__

> Davémon wrote:
>>
>> As far as I know they don't ban white supremacy or pro-life, and
>> generally don't ban websites unless not doing so denies them a huge
>> market, like China. But if you've got evidence to the contrary I'd
>> really like to see it.
>
> I remember a Wiki that said something about google and anti-semitism.
> Something about Google trying to explain their SERPs.
>
> Yes, here it is:
> http://www.google.com/explanation.html
>
> Even though the SERP is an embarassment to Google, they don't want to
> manually tweak the SERP.
>
> Seems like a wise decision in the long run. If they started to act
> publically on individual complaints, who knows how many requests they
> would get.

...or who knows how many apologetic page they would wind up composing...

Such as this one:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/googlebombing-failure.html

Controlling information directly or indirectly is a burden and Google will
have to find a way to serve people's requirement for information without
being portrayed as evil. It'll get worse, I promise you...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
  3:50pm  up 64 days  1:05,  5 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.13, 0.09