Re: Dual-Monitors for X

  • Subject: Re: Dual-Monitors for X
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:51:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
__/ [ray] on Saturday 29 October 2005 20:33 \__

> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:40:17 -0400, Adam McCarthy wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've search Google but can't seem to get the correct results.
>>
>> I have Ubuntu on one of my machines.
>>
>> I have two graphics cards in them, using only one for the main video. I
>> figured for fun and since I never used Dual-Monitors with Linux before
>> to try it. My question is, where in Ubuntu (basically Debian) do I go or
>> start to configure the 2nd video card, especially if I don't currently
>> have every single bit of info I need on the card. I mean I know a couple
>> of places to find it, but xorgcnfg usually finds it but it seems to only
>> find the main one.
>
> Xinerama howto at tldp.org.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO/

Something along the lines of: (one I currently use)

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Desktop"
        Screen          "Screen1" 0 0
        Screen          "Screen2" LeftOf "Screen1"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        Option          "Xinerama"
EndSection

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
 12:45pm  up 65 days 18:34,  4 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.34, 0.33