Re: firefox beta 2

__/ [amazing powers of observation] on Sunday 30 October 2005 18:50 \__

> i have googled and looked  do you have a url for the rpm ?
>
> amazing powers of observation wrote:
>> anyone know where n rpm is for it ?
>
> mozilla's just released its program already compiled, you just need to
> download it and have the latest gtk package installed

Mozilla (Firefox among few more applications) often distribute gunzipped tar
archives that need to be uncompressed. Since Java Runtime Environment is
involved, you needn't compile anything. Just run the .sh file or install the
application if required (essentially relocating the files and putting them
in your PATH from what I can gather).

So, I don't think that you need search for RPM's... I assume you are
referring to Firefox 1.5 beta.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
  5:25am  up 66 days 11:14,  5 users,  load average: 2.32, 1.53, 0.98