Re: Wallpaper moves up and down

  • Subject: Re: Wallpaper moves up and down
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:40:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mandrake
__/ [alex bazan] on Thursday 01 September 2005 13:37 \__

> En/na Doug Laidlaw ha escrit:
>> Using Mandriva LE 2005 with KDE as as supplied.  I can drag the wallpaper
>> up
>> or down several cm (except now.  I think that it may have something to do
>> with the image.)
>>
>> This was a small problem with 9.2, but seems to be a lot worse.  Is there
>> a cure?
>>
>> Is LE 2005 a beta release?  I know that it was a bit of a preview.
>>
>> Doug.
>
> try another wallpaper mode setting (the 'scaled' setting should do)
> probably you have it now as 'centered' or 'tiled'
>
> if any of the wallpaper settings suits you, you can always get gimp and
> resize the image so it fits exactly your screen resolution.

On a SuSE box with KDE 3.1 (I have Mandrake 9.2 at home) I experience the
same problem. Such a problem only occurs if I have too many items placed in
Desktop /but/ they also must get placed passively by processes such as a
download, as opposed to me dragging something to Desktop.

To be brief, items naturally get placed vertically (in a column) and they
seem to be allowed a placement underneath the viewable desktop, in which
case I can scroll down by drawing a rectanglar selection with the mouse. I
don't think a second column ever gets used unless I intervene.

I do not have virtual desktops (dual-head is enough) and I have randomally
chosen wallpapers that are _scaled_, hence the suggestion from Alex would
not do any magic, at least not in my particular case.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  1:30pm  up 8 days  6:12,  3 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.48, 0.66