Re: What is it with linux dissing in this newsgroup?

__/ [Randy] on Thursday 01 September 2005 17:47 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [Randy] on Thursday 01 September 2005 16:01 \__
>
>> There is a 'troll spree', which as you said, comprises self-destructive
>> Linux users/newbies (e.g. "my school does not accept Linux" or "Linux is
>> too hard" or "Linux groups are pretentious") and then you have the
>> Windows
>
> I am starting to think that my problem may be from a bad install disk...
> a lot of the things I am trying to install are coming up with a bad
> check and it ask if I want to go on.

Have you used the checksum to verify that the CD-ROM/s are in tact? Since
the most important component, namely your platform, is involved, it is
worth checking that at an early stage. Trying different 'flavours' of Linux
is also a possibility, especially if you have many incompatibilities
spotted or get a constant 'kernel panic' when rebooting.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Lions are like hippie tigers"
  6:20pm  up 8 days  8:51,  4 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.54, 0.56