Re: How to Improve this Newsgroup

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [Els] on Friday 02 September 2005 13:58 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> In some groups, subscribers would raise any minute problem that they came
>>> across and then work cohesively to make one another feel truly supported
>>
>> Funny thing maybe, but I feel this group often does exactly that.
>
> It sure does that, but often on a personal level rather than a professional
> level

I was talking about professionally, actually.

> OR
>
> phrased differently, or analysed differently, support on a professional
> level gets obscured by a far larger amount of personal-level support that
> typically  dominates.

Yes, I can see that.

> I have nothing against discussions covering personal
> lives, but the relevance to others (the scope) tends to reach fewer people.
> Newsgroups are not well-engineered to handle dialogues.

You're absolutely right when it comes to a group having only one
purpose, which would be to share information. I don't regard a.w.w. as
such though. I come here on my lunch break sort of. Most questions I
may have would be more appropriate in an HTML or CSS group.

--
Els                     http://locusmeus.com/
Sonhos vem. Sonhos vÃo. O resto à imperfeito.