Re: CIWAH Acronym

__/ [JennyLin] on Sunday 04 September 2005 05:07 \__

>> __/ [Toby Inkster] on Saturday 03 September 2005 08:56 \__
>

>> Is he as snappy as Korpela? It doesn't seem so. Taking a quick look at
>> CIWAH, I can see 10 unread messages, which indicates that it is quite
>> alive. I don't know why, but the subject lines in that group rarely beg
>> attention. The search engines newsgroup is currently my favourite.
>
> Ok, I give up, what does CIWAH stand for please
>
> jenny

I think that somebody else answered that question of yours earlier tonight.
I noticed that the reply had been bound to the wrong message -- one of mine
if I recall correctly.

Jenny, there is a bit of a subculture here in the Web-related newsgroups.
AWW is the 'hipper' way of referring to alt.www.webmaster and CIWAH refers
to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html. That group has very good
'signal-to-noise', but it depends on whether you look for a 'watercooler
newsgroup' or a newsgroup that focuses on effective answers. I still like
this newsgroup. comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html can become very boring
and it has little of no 'communal feel'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
  8:25am  up 10 days 20:36,  3 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.52, 0.43