Re: Blog spammers using zombies?

> __/ [John Bokma] on Saturday 03 September 2005 23:45 \__

>>> added CAPTCHA,
>>
>> Don't believe in CAPTCHA.
>
> Good. See my reply to Karim. It contains a reference.

Yup, with an AI background I probably could break some myself in a short
time :-)

Also, I want people to post, not to solve riddles. I have been bitten by
CAPTCHA a few times (some are case insensitive, others not, some are
hard to use even by humans, etc.)

>> I increased the minimal message length, which already resulted in a
>> very funny post:
>>
>> "ur display pix suck!!! they r very very very very very very very
>> very
>>  very very very very boring and not funny at all, i am not impressed
>>  "
>
> Best flattery is an insult?

I wonder how many attempts it took to get enough "very" :-)

>> Anyway, I get the comments by email and copy and paste them to a
>> file, generate the HTML and upload it, which is doable right now. A
>> good thing is that I can teach Thunderbird what is blog spam and what
>> not.
>
> *smile* Be careful. As time went on, I instantiated an E-mail address
> solely for the puspose of comment management in blogs. If nothing
> bubbles through the filters, I can afford to check it and respond
> accordingly once a day.

I hope to automate things a bit more. It has advantages to be a
programmer.

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                 Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/