Re: Hosting for a Buck

  • Subject: Re: Hosting for a Buck
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 08:51:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
__/ [Els] on Sunday 04 September 2005 07:11 \__

> Stan Brown wrote:
>
>> In article <i4wdo1ajl2i4.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Els favored us with...
>>> Doesn't have to cost the world, you can get good
>>> hosting for 1 USD per month.
>>
>> Citation, please?
>
> http://hostingforabuck.com/
>
> Besides cheap also very helpful and quick to respond.

While I am impressed by the price, having checked for some catches like
expensive domain registration, I must point out the following:

 - Site was first observed in March 2003

 - Site traffic appears to be low (5 millionth+ according to Netcraft, not
known to Alexa)

 - Risk rating is 1/10.

 - Many domains are registered with the host. I can see at least 1000 of
them.

In summary, there are a few red flags, but also some encouraging figures. Be
cautious because moving from one host to another is an
effort/time-consuming process.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
  8:45am  up 10 days 20:56,  3 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.39, 0.45