Re: cleaning screens

__/ [Mike Clark] on Monday 05 September 2005 09:55 \__

> Can anybody suggest a safe product for cleaing my laptop's LCD?
> TIA
> Mike Clark

It all depends on whether you have stains or only dust on your screen. In
most circumstances, the accumulation of dust is what bothers me, so a
simple tissue can do the trick, simply by wiping.

If you have got something slightly more sticky, be careful not to rub or
apply excessive pressure to the screen. Any of the popular foam/spray
products that are used for house cleaning will do the trick. Just ensure
that these detergents are not greasy, as is the case with sprays that are
applied to wooden furniture, for example.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
 11:30am  up 12 days 20:50,  3 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.11, 0.03