Re: Email spam is dead. Long Live Spam!

__/ [MGW] on Friday 16 September 2005 15:41 \__

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:51:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> scrawled:
>
>>You might be missing the point here. The big question, in practice, would
>>be: did the customers voluntarily subscribe? Were they subscribed 'by
>>default'? Was opting out something that their poor eyesight prevented them
>>from doing? To unsubscribe, are they sufficiently IT-competent?
>
> A growing proportion of the businesses I deal with have it set up so
> you have to check a box in order to be subscribed - the default is to
> opt-out.

I do not think I have ever come across that default behaviour. And I have
signed up with many sites, believe me...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
  5:15pm  up 22 days  5:29,  3 users,  load average: 0.54, 0.41, 0.28