Re: First HP, Now Dell in Europe... The Ball Rolls a Little Faster...

  • Subject: Re: First HP, Now Dell in Europe... The Ball Rolls a Little Faster...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 06:47:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Skeets] on Sunday 18 September 2005 03:53 \__

> http://www.mandriva.com/company/press/pr?n=/pr/corporate/2564

I came to COLA only to post that myself, but I see that you beat me to it!
*msile*

Several days ago, as HP made the move with Ubuntu, I said that Dell were
soon to follow. I actually said that months ago when Michael Dell, I remind
you, paid 100 million US dollars to RedHat out of him /own/ pocket. May
this be the beginning of a wonderful friendship?

I am now posting from a shiny new Mandrake machine at home -- a machine I
only got to configuring this morning. Scanner works, digital camera works,
network was a piece of cake to set up with a wizard. How can anybody /not/
choose Mandriva over XP? The installation has been by far more intuitive
than that of Windows (assuming little user experience) and the installation
CD's contained all the software and drivers for the peripherals. All done
while doing some laundry. You can't beat that!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  6:40am  up 23 days 18:54,  3 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.22, 0.12