Re: We're being archived in China

__/ [ tonnie ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 12:59 \__

http://groups.google.co.jp/group/alt.internet.search-engines/browse_thread/thread/2e2da7edf8a178a9/fc39208d15d4b506?lnk=raot&hl=ja

>> This appears to be a Chinese-oriented, or, indeed, an orient-oriented
>> version of our ongoing archives. I wonder if they're censored at all?
>
> Its the Japanese newsgroups.
>
> And no, they are not censored, since i can still see messages from you
> and me. :-D

There  are  about  15  localised versions of G2. I  think  that  only  the
interface  language ever varies. It was several months ago when I  noticed
Google  Groups  (as  in  groups.google.*) results showing  up  among  "Web
results".  In  the  long  term,  this could  crush  UseNet  mirrors.  It's
intersting  when  Google decide to deliver _content_ rather than point  to
third-paries. That said, they now consider UseNet to be the World Wide Web
and  list their mirrors among HTTP (which I guess it has been  transformed
to).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Microsoft's Counter-Supportive Evangelist (MCSE)
  1:50pm  up 2 days 22:47,  8 users,  load average: 1.30, 0.83, 0.61