Re: Microsoft makes Visual Web developer 2005 Express Edition Free

> __/ [ Matt Probert ] on Monday 24 April 2006 14:05 \__

<snip>

> This free distribution is a lockin, which much like other products that
> they
> offer, urges you to pay for additional features and leads to
> incompatibilities with other similar packages. Ultimately, your projects
> are
> dependent upon the application. It's a risky route, which makes makes NVU
> and other packages a safer and better option. FrontPage was recently
> buried
> as far as I know. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I must be out of touch, I hadn't heard that Microsoft were ending FrontPage.
You are quite right, its going to be replaced by "Microsoft Expression"
(time will tell what that will be like).

I used to quite like FrontPage, but I only used it as simple HTML editor
because it can generate some very poor html.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian