Re: A lurker speaks out

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Marshall ] on Sunday 23 April 2006 06:41 \__

Alun Harford wrote:

As somebody who uses Linux on my servers, and Windows on my desktop, I
lurk here to find out about cool stuff happening on desktop Linux.
Instead, most of the posts here are rants about how awful Windows and
Microsoft are, by people who don't use Windows.

Does anybody know of somewhere with a better signal/noise ratio?

http://www.desktoplinux.com/

Alun Harford

This isn't exactly the correct forum for what you seek (IMO), however it is easy (usually) to add those that generate too much noise to a kill file so you can better spend your time.

The subject line often disclose it all. Only descend to thread that interest you; ignore or exclude others.

There are many "advocacy" pieces here but if your main interest is /hot,
new, cool features/ then this is place will be hit and miss for you. As
will other places.

Personally, I'm a long time lurker here for some of the same reason as
you. It may take a while to learn who is going to post treats versus
those that post noise but IMO, the effort is worth it.

*shrug*

I hope I have not fallen under the 'noise' category in some people's minds.

Best wishes,

Roy

You haven't in mine. ^_^