Re: Enlighteners Days

__/ [ Jim Hawkins ] on Sunday 23 April 2006 21:24 \__

> The nutters have their saints days.
> Why don't we have, say, Enlighteners Days ?
> Epicurus Day !
> d'Holbach Day !
> Hume Day !
> Darwin Day !
> etc... etc...!
> An occasional bit of open, shout-it-from-the-rooftops, peaceful celebration
> of anti-theism is sorely needed !
> And since the nutters get their religious holidays legally recognized as
> bank holidays, shoudn't we have a few of ours recognized in the
> same way ?
>
> Jim Hawkins

I suppose we get our holidays too. How we spend them is another matter.
Festivas for the rest of us! A pole for a tree and father-son wrestling
(Frank Costanza).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  7:50am  up 1 day 16:47,  10 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.64, 0.60