Re: ssh with 10.0??

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Have you checked Firewall settings under Control Center? This behaviour
> should otherwise be expected. How many machines are involved and in which
> direction do you attempt a connection? Are all OpenSSH installation
> up-to-date? Any routers whose role is filtering?

I have shut down Firewall, OpenSSH should be OK, at least system says so.

I have a net of five computers. Four of them run SuSE 10.0 and one of
them runs 9.3.

Between 9.3 and all the others everythig is OK, ping, ssh, scp, ftp,
telnet and nfs. But 10.0 to 10.0 nothing happens exept ping, so the
computers are seen.

No router who does filtering, no nothing!!

I dont know, what security measures they've build in, but it makes the
Version unsuable.

My network is set up in a very simple manner.

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1       localhost
xxx.yyy.zz.10   borkner.writers  borkner
xxx.yyy.zz.11   laptop.writers   laptop
xxx.yyy.zz.12   delcarlo.writers delcarlo
xxx.yyy.zz.13   pserver.writers  pserver
xxx.yyy.zz.14   menze.writers  menze

laptop is the only 9.3 Version, all others have 10.0. I dont use DHCP,
because I dont know how it works. Upt to 9.3 everything went well, but
10. gives me the creaps

Saluti

Olaf

And thank you