Re: Microsoft Does not Eat its Own Dogfood

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Friday 21 April 2006 17:21 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Friday 21 April 2006 16:53 \__

>> > http://research.microsoft.com/
>> >
>> > Most of the projects there are distributed with the source code.
>>

>> ANSI SYS or some VB/.NET malarkey? Oh, wait. Don't ruin the surprise for
>> me. Nedless to mention, the compilation tools (or development tools) are
>> not Open Source, which is the equivalent of me lending a bicycle with two
>> chains and locked on each wheel. How convenient when nobody else can ride
>> the bike.
>
> For anyone wanting to compile these apps they can download the
> development tools for free as well. (
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/ )
>
> Seems that on one hand you're complaining that MS doesn't open up any
> of their source code and when they do you're trying awfully hard to
> come up with excuses to discredit them.

You missed my point entirely though. This requires Windows.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
  5:20pm  up 44 days  7:03,  12 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.29, 0.44