Re: Microsoft Does not Eat its Own Dogfood

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Friday 21 April 2006 16:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Tom Shelton ] on Friday 21 April 2006 15:26 \__

>> > As I understand things - MS is not anti-open source.
>>
>> If so (I will give you the benefit of the doubt here, very grossly so for
>> the sake of the argument), how come they release merely nothing that is
>> Open Source? Google have been doing this and IBM likewise, among others.
>> Look at their formidable (the positive connotation of the word) presence
>> in Sourceforge, for example.
>

> http://research.microsoft.com/
>
> Most of the projects there are distributed with the source code.

ANSI SYS or some VB/.NET malarkey? Oh, wait. Don't ruin the surprise for me.
Nedless to mention, the compilation tools (or development tools) are not
Open Source, which is the equivalent of me lending a bicycle with two chains
and locked on each wheel. How convenient when nobody else can ride the bike.

> <snip />

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
  5:05pm  up 44 days  6:48,  12 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.49, 0.50