Re: [News] Microsoft Does not Eat its Own Dogfood

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 21 April 2006 22:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6754999815.html
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Fast forward to April 2006. Eric S. Raymond, the main man behind the
>> | idea of open-source, the author of The Cathedral and the Bazaar, the
>> | seminal work on open-source, has just discovered that Microsoft is now
>> | selling a vector-graphics editor "Microsoft Expressions," which includes
>> | some of his open-sourced work.
>> |
>> | Microsoft, the anti-open-source company, is using open-source software
>> | from one of open-source's leading lights. You've got to love it.
>> `----
>

> "Back in January 2005, Bill Gates took a back-handed slap at open-source
> saying, "There are some new modern-day sort of communists who want to
> get rid of the incentive for musicians and moviemakers and software
> makers under various guises." Where he says "modern-day sort of
> communists," think "open-source advocates."

Have a look at the following:

http://news.com.com/Bill+Gates+and+other+communists/2010-1071_3-5576230.html?part=rss&tag=5575731&subj=news.1071.20

Richard Stallman:

,----[ Quote ]

`----

> Speaking of modern day Communists (or are they just totalitarian):

http://spanish.peopledaily.com.cn/mediafile/200604/20/F2006042015344600000.jpg

*LOL*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  4:35pm  up 44 days  6:18,  12 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.42, 0.26