Re: How I could get into Google News SERPS?!

  • Subject: Re: How I could get into Google News SERPS?!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:59:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Stacey ] on Monday 17 April 2006 16:18 \__

> "tonnie" <t.prasing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Jim wrote:
>>> "Stacey" <Remove-the-Y-stacey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

No. You need to be included and then aggregated. Yahoo used to be more
selective than Google, who experiences some recent embarrassment for being
too lenient and permitting the inclusion of non-news and promotional sites.

It's not spamming. PHP SoftGroups made good contributions in other threads.

>>> In what sense did you consider him to be spamming?
>>> When the term "spamming" was first used on the internet it meant posting
>>> many off-topic adverst to multiple newsgroups. (Spam, spam, spam, spam,
>>> remember Monty Python?)
>
> I know how spam started, it was mainly with email  and yes it came from
> Monty Pyton's spam and eggs.

The vocabulary needs to be extended. "Scarping", for example, is a useful
term. Why, for instance, do we say "guestbook spam" and "comment spam"? Some
new words could truly help here... *smile*

>>>Now somebody just has to post an innocent on-topic question to one
>>>newsgroup with a link to their site in the signature and they get accused
>>>of spamming. The site linked to seemed quite innocent. What did I miss?
>
> Wasn't to innocent, if you looked at all the postings he did today.
>

>> You mised his one-liner reply's, without quoting, and a wrong signature.
>
> Right you missed a lot. He didn't give any advice and just gave one liner
> comments that did no one any good. Plus, not posting correctly with quotes
> and yep his sig is wrong!

I agree, but why be harsh? *smile* PHP SoftGroups seems to know what s/he
talks about. Let's smoke the pipes of peace.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
  8:50am  up 43 days 22:33,  7 users,  load average: 1.28, 0.66, 0.58