Re: PR update

  • Subject: Re: PR update
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:46:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ James Helliwell ] on Thursday 06 April 2006 12:51 \__

> T.J. wrote:
>> "cordial_camaraderie" <cordial_camaraderie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> There is a Toolbar PR update for the new site
>>>

>> Looks like an update in progress.
>> New pages that I have put up within the
>> last month have just gone PR5
>>

> lol how do you do that? Im doing ok but it hard lol. Do you have other
> high PR pages you use. Im only about 9 months into SEO from stratch.
>
> Doing ok though but PR4 is my highest and Iv no idea why as I have not
> worked on it...lol

It's possible to start strong if you can set up links from formidable pages.
This situation is not too fair because it isn't always an indicator of the
quality of new sites.

I believe that actual SE traffic (as opposed to referrals) is harder to gain,
at least initially. I had a site start at PR4, but it only gets a handful of
referrals (per months) from all search engines. Maybe sites need to mature
before trust is gained, but I doubt it somewhat. That site doesn't use meta
and its pages titles are too generic.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  1:40am  up 43 days 15:23,  6 users,  load average: 0.73, 0.41, 0.53