Re: Looking for a better P2P network!

  • Subject: Re: Looking for a better P2P network!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:06:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp
__/ [ Jim Moore ] on Friday 28 April 2006 07:05 \__

> Aquila Deus wrote:
>
>> I'm really stuck with DC now, everyone in huge hubs uses slot locking,
>> and I can't find my favorite small hubs anymore (which I joined before
>> using fake share).. :((
>>
>> Does anyone know other p2p network good enough for music and movies?
>> Gnutella/limewire sux, BT will ruin my hd (I dont want 6GB of star trek
>> movies at once!), and ed2k is just useless, ...
>>
>> HELP!!!
>
> Tried IRC? Undernet is still a fairly decent network.

I am no Linux P2P expert, but how about binary newsgroups on UseNet or, even
better, HTTP? You can run scripts to fetch music off some Web servers, all
without user intervention. There is a lot of freely-distributed music out
there.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/01/30/mass-dowloading-music/

Never rely on films though. They never reside on servers due to size. YMMV.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
  9:00am  up  16:05,  12 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.34, 0.31