Re: [News] Microsoft Wants to Design OEM's Computers to Suit Windows Vista

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Wants to Design OEM's Computers to Suit Windows Vista
  • From: birre <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:18:09 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2006-07-28 16:21, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Microsoft: PCs need a major design makeover

Company's designers want hardware to have 'Vista sensibility'

,----[ Quote ]
| Doesn't sound much like Microsoft, does it? But it is. BusinessWeek
| has learned that a team of 20 in-house designers has been working quietly
| for the past 18 months on an elegant new look for PCs that will run
| Microsoft's next operating system, Windows Vista. It's a major
| departure for the company, which historically has left design to the
| likes of Dell, Hewlett-Packard, and Gateway. Persuading the hardware
| guys to embrace the toolkit won't be easy. They're already working
| overtime to build better-looking gear on their own.
`----

http://tinyurl.com/kkam5 (msn.com)

When I saw this I come to think about Paul Grahams "Great Hackers" :-)

"You might think that you could make your products beautiful just by hiring a great designer to design them. But if you yourself don't have good taste, how are you going to recognize a good designer? "

/birre