Re: Computers worse than Autos

  • Subject: Re: Computers worse than Autos
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 07:07:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Saturday 19 August 2006 00:51 \__

http://news.com.com/PC+users+cant+get+no+satisfaction/2100-1041_3-6105569.html

>> "U.S. consumers were more satisfied with their PCs during the last year
>> than they have been in more than a decade, but they're still happier
>> with their car dealers than their computer suppliers.
>>
>> A study released Tuesday by the University of Michigan shows that
>> overall satisfaction increased by 4.1 percent on Michigan's American
>> Customer Satisfaction Index to a rating of 77, the highest achieved by
>> the industry since 1994. But customers still rate PCs lower than several
>> other consumer product categories, including cars and appliances."
>
> I found some of the details interesting as well
> http://www.theacsi.org/second_quarter.htm#all
>
> The most "Microsoft Loyal" company - Gateway, had the second lowest
> score. HP decided to "defect" last year, and had the biggest increase.

Isn't Gateway in some serious financial trouble? It goes down with the
company that it embraces. Unlike that other company, Gateway does not have
big pockets that will keep it afloat while struggling.

> My guess is that HP is still taking a hit on the old Compaq lines,
> which are still pretty "Linux hostile".

They are.

> Note that this is a "passive" survey, which means that people who like
> their products are more likely to respond.  It would be interesting to
> see some of the "other" catagories.

I bet this assumption explains the state of the Windows advocacy newsgroup.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
Tasks: 126 total,   1 running, 122 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie