Re: More on spellings and typos

__/ [ T.J. ] on Sunday 13 August 2006 10:13 \__

> Try typing a few typos or miss-spellings in to google
> ie.
>
> mobilr phones
> mobile phonew
> broadbanf
>
> and you can see what people are up to
>
> site:http://gecki.be
> site:http://bafflec.be
> site:http://enfinru.be
>
> Looks like they haven't put all their eggs in the same basket
> this time and are keeping multiple sites small.

Small? I only checked the first one. 64k pages is not small in my opinion,
unless you compare that against that former 'disease' which contaminated the
indices and cache with 5-10 billion pages/subsites...

[sarcasm] Content spam will probably end when the namespace is depleted to
the point where it is fully exhausted. iuwgduiwhsdf21.info, anyone? Such
domain names have been comment-spamming the blogsphere recently.

I guess that cheap registrars like GoDaddy, as well as those who just pick
the bucks regardless of a site's vocation, are a detrimental factor. There
ought to be some rules, e.g. fill out a unique application form to declare
the intent of the site. Buying g00gle.com with the reason "to block fakers
and malware" should be frowned upon, too. In my humble opinion...

The entry barrier to the Net, as well as forums, is said to be a real issue.
In the past, UseNet for example was occupied by technology enthusiasts and
academia. As someone in a different newsgroup once said "Then, it opened
up". The death of neutrality across the Web might be able to slow it down
(think about millions of $100 Linux laptops in developing countries), as
much as I hate Net neutrality. Bandwidth is still cheap and it gives
spammers the incentive to have presence.

With kind regards,