Re: Goodbye 'MS Hardware Department', Hello Lenovo/IBM/SUSE

__/ [ cr00zng ] on Thursday 31 August 2006 18:46 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The world no longer wants Win(Dell/Tel). Intel, Dell and Microsoft are all
>> struggling financially and subsequently shrink/lose value.
>
> If you call a company with $44 billions/year total revenue and $12
> billion+/year net income struggling, then yeah; that would be
> Microsoft....
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=MSFT&annual

Seen that page 3 hours ago (it was modified, so it came up in the feed). The
observation to make is that, while the world is adopting more and more
computers/ing and there's inflation too, Microsoft's profits seem to have
remained the merely the same (even worse previously, due to increases
spendings). And the value of the stock would have dropped below $20 had
Microsoft not bought it to get the figures artificially elevated. Microsoft
will meet the destiny of SCO, but it will take quite a few years for old
technology to 'phase out' completely.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
Mem:    514480k total,   482916k used,    31564k free,    23828k buffers